Boyette Springs Church of God is a vibrant, multi-cultural / muti-generational church serving the greater Riverview area (Brandon, Valrico, Gibsonton, Lithia / Fishhawk, Ruskin, Wimauma, Sun City Center). We are a spirit-filled, bible-based fellowship of believers who embrace relevant teaching, heart-felt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care for those in need. Our desire is to be an authentic church with a contagious faith.
VISION VEHICLE: GIVE - GROW - GO!
Our philosophy of Christian Living and how we express that life through the local church is summed up in the following motto: Give, Grow, Go!
What do we mean when we say this? Well, we are glad you asked. It's simple!
GIVE - Our desire is to GIVE ourselves completely to Christ as an act of worship, to love Him fully with total abandon and from that vantage point, love others as He would. Part of that equation involves our willingness to die to self and to the things of this present world. Also, it is embracing the theology of giving in its manifold expressions, to give Him our Time, our Talent and our Treasure. (Key Verses: Romans 12:1; Matthew 22:37-40; Mark 8:34-38)
GROW - Our desire is that every believer should be in process! Jesus died not only to save us, but make us more than conquerors, more than overcomers. His desire is that we are transformed through the power of His word and the operative work of the Holy Spirit. We encourage believers to develop a healthy devotional life of prayer and study as well as attending corporate worship at least once a week and being involved in a Life Group. To grow up in Christ, be accountable to leadership and grow in relationship with other believers is key to sucess in the Kingdom. (Key Verses: Romans 12:2; Acts 2:46; Ephesians 1:1-23 & 4:11-15; 1 Peter 2:1-3; 2 Peter 3:18)
GO -our desire as a church is to partner with God in the Great Commission! We fully embrace our part in the ministry of reconciliation and preaching of the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus Christ. Jesus said Go! We respond by going into our world, our sphere of influence, to be light shining in darkness. (Key Verses: Matthew 28:18-20; Matthew 5:16; Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 5:18-21)
1. Authentic Worship Lifestyle - Worship is the central focus of every believer! We value real, spirit-led worship as a lifestyle not an event. In all we do and say we seek to bring honor and glory to God.
(Exodus 20:3-5; Matthew 4:10; John 4:21-24; Romans 12:1; 1 Corinthians 10:30; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; Colossians 3:17; Revelation 4)
2. Great Commission - the heart of God is that all should come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. We accept the mandate of Jesus to go into all the world! We value partnership with God in His mission to reach the lost.
(Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-20; Luke 24:45-49; Matthew 5:16; Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 5:18-21; 2 Peter 3:9)
3. Priesthood of the Believer - through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, we've been given direct access to God. We value this privilege and believe we are responsible to offer up spiritual sacrifices and stand before God on behalf of those who are lost making intercession for them.
(1 Peter 2:4-10; Hebrews 10:18-22; Romans 5:1-2; Revelation 1:5-6; Revelation 5:10; Revelation 20:6)
4. Authority of the Word - we value biblical worldview and accept God's word (The Bible) as the supreme authoritative voice in the both the church and life of the individual believer. The Word of God informs our thinking and directs our actions in all we do.
(Psalm 18:30, Psalm119:89 & 105; John 1:1-14; Luke 11:28; Romans 10:17; Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12; Hevrews 11:3;
1 Peter 1:23; Revelation 19:11-13)
5. Spirit-Filled Life - we are at our essence a Pentecostal church, we therefore value the Spirit-Filled Life as eveidenced in the book of Acts. We embrace the operative work of the Holy Spirit (Ghost) in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit enables us as well as the operation of the 9 Charismatic gifts referenced in 1 Corinthians 12:1-11.
(Numbers 11:16-17; Luke 4:1-14; John 14:16 & 26; John 15:26, 16:7-13; Acts 1:8; 2:1--4; 9:17; 19:1-6; Romans 8;
6.Fellowship of the Saints - we value fellowship as essential to the health of the community of faith. Humanity is designed to exist in relationship, first with God and second with each other. Christ came to restore our fellowship with God and commands us to love and serve one another as He did.
(John 13:1-16; Acts 2:1, 42-47; 1 Corinthians 1:9-10; Ephesians 2:19; Philippians 2:1-4; 1 John 1:7)
7. Giving in its Various Forms - we are never more like God than when we give, whether it's our Time, Talents, or Treasures. Giving is an integral part of our philosophy. God has called us to sacrificial giving in every arena of life, the Church (Kingdom) functions through the giving of our time and talents to His service and is supported financially through the giving of our treasures (tithe and offering). When it comes to giving, God is not trying to get something from you, He is trying to get something to you!
(Leviticus 27:30; Malachi 3:8-13; Matthew 10:8; Luke 6:38; Acts 2:42-47, 20-35; Romans 12; 2 Corinthians 9:5-15; Ephesians 4:7-16.)
Click on the links below to find out more: